Check-out is 11 am
Check-in is 4 pm.
RVs must be parked before 4 pm on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
Check-out is 11 am
Yes, we do allow pets. There is a non-refundable $50 pet cleaning fee. Additional fees will be applied if damages are found on the property.
The Pocahontas Trailhead of the Hatfield/Mccoy Trail system is 3.5 miles away. There is a large parking lot there and plenty of room for your vehicles and trailers to park. There is a “back way” by traveling on state rt 71N and much safer if you prefer not to trailer to the trailhead. Maps for this “shortcut” are available in your cabin, the restaurant and brochure racks. Permits are also available on site.
Please refer to the West Virginia state laws to learn about the requirements for riding your ATV on public roads.
Many of our clients book especially to ride in the rain or snow. They believe this enhances the experience. We are open year round and expect a great deal of snow fall in the winters. If for some reason, weather causes the site to be closed (power outage, unable to access) gift checks will be issued for future stays.
We are located about 10 miles from WV exit #1 off of I-77.
After taking the exit, follow the signs for 52-N thru the town of Bluefield and into Bluewell. You will turn right at the 2nd red light in Bluewell onto state route 71. There is a freestanding Family Dollar store at the intersection. We are located 1/5 of a mile on the right.
Our GPS coordinates are 37.319219, -81.261731. The best address to use for GPS is 190 Buffalo Trail, Bluewell WV 24701.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Reservations cancelled up to 31 days prior to check-in date will receive a refund of their original deposit amount minus a $25 processing fee. Cancellations between 11 days and 30 days prior to check in date will be refunded 50% of their deposit amount. Cancellations within 10 days prior to check-in date will forfeit the entire deposit amount.
DATE CHANGES: With a 2-week notice, dates can be changed with no penalty. If dates changes are requested within 4-14 days of arrival, a 15% penalty will be charged. If date changes are requested 3 days prior to arrival or day of arrival a 30% penalty will be charged. ALL DATES ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY!!
Bluefield Regional Medical Center is 5.7 miles away (ambulance service is available). First aid station is in the general store and opens during regular business hours.
Several convenience stores, supermarkets and restaurants are with-in 2-8 miles Walmart is 9.8 miles
Yes, 24 hour number is posted inside of each cabin for emergencies
A deposit in the amount of the first night’s fee is required to make a reservation, the remaining balance must be paid prior to or upon arrival. You must be at least 18 years of age to make a reservation. To make a reservation, visit our website. If you have questions about availability, call us at 304-324-3204.
We accept personal checks with 2 forms of identification required, cashier’s check and most major credit cards.
Peak seasons for booking reservation a Buffalo Trails is…
Memorial Day to Labor Day
Holiday Weekends (Memorial, July 4th, and Labor Day) have a 3-day stay minimum.
One night stays must be approved by management and an additional 25% fee will be assessed.
ATV/ UTV Rentals
- HERTZ Rental Car
- 4.8 MILES AWAY
- 300 Markell Drive Suite 101
- Bluefield, West Virginia 24701
- Phone: 304-325-3388
- Fax: 304-325-8647
Boat, Canoe, Kayaks, Fishing
GLENWOOD PARK, Mercer County WV 4.6 miles away
- ACE ADVENTURES RESORT – Oak Hill, WV
- BIG WALKER LOOKOUT & COUNTRY STORE – 29 miles – Wytheville, VA
- BLUEFIELD BLUE JAYS
- BRAMWELL DEPOT – COAL HERITAGE TRAIL INTERPRETIVE CENTER – Bramwell, WV
- BRAMWELL THEATRE FOUNDATION WEST VIRGINIA SMOKE ON THE MOUNTAIN – Bramwell, WV
- BRIDGE BREW WORKS – Fayetteville, WV
- BRUSH CREEK FALLS – Athens, WV
- EAGLE ATV RENTAL & TOURS – Northfolk, WV
- EPIC ESCAPE GAME – NEW RIVER GORGE – Fayetteville, WV
- FORT CHRISWELL ANIMAL PARK – Max Meadow, VA
- CHRISTIAN ADVENTURE COMPANY – Bluewell, WV
- GREENBRIER VALLEY BREWING – Maxwelton, WV
- HATFIELD-MCCOY ATV TRAIL 3.5 miles
- HISTORIC CARB ORCHARD MUSEUM – Tazewell, VA
- JIMMY LEWIS LAKE- FISHING – 2.6 miles
- NEW RIVER GORGE BRIDGE – Fayette, WV
- NEW RIVER JET BOATS – Thurmond, WV
- LAKE SHAWNEE ABANDONED AMUSEMENT PARK – Mercer County, WV
- MOUNTAIN LAKE LODGE – Pembroke, VA
- OUT OF THE BOX ROOM ESCAPE – Princeton, WV
- PINNACLE ROCK STATE PARK – HIKING AND PICNIC AREAS – 2.7 miles – Bluefield, WV
- PIPESTEM DRIVE IN THEATRE – Athens, WV
- PIPESTEM STATE PARK- FISHING, AERIAL TRAM, HORESBACK RIDING, SWIMMING – 22 miles – Athens, WV
- PRINCETON RAILROAD MUSEUM – Princeton, WV
- REEL CATCH LLC – Princeton, WV
- RIFF RAFF – Princeton, WV
- RIDGE RUNNER TRAIN – Bluefield, WV
- SNOOPERS ANTIQUE MALL – Wytheville, VA
- STATE FAIR OF WEST VIRGINIA TICKETS
- SUMMIT PLAYERS THEATRE – Bluefield, WV
- SPLAT HAPPENS, LLC – Bluefield, WV
- THE MCNUTT HOUSE – Princeton, WV
- WELCOME TO THE TOWN OF POCAHONTAS – Pocahontas, VA
- WINTERPLACE SKI RESORT- SKI AND TUBING – 36 miles – Ghent, WV
- WOHLFAHRT HAUS DINNER THEATER – Wytheville, VA
- WOLF CREEK INDIAN VILLAGE & MUSEUM – 18 miles – Bastian, VA