PAYMENTS: A deposit in the amount of the first night’s fee is required to make a reservation, the remaining balance must be paid prior to or upon arrival. All units have keyless locks. If your reservation total is paid in full, you will receive an email with your keyless entry code the morning of your arrival. This code will be valid from 4 pm on your check-in date to 11 am on your check-out date. If your reservation is not paid in full, you will receive your keyless entry code upon final payment.
CANCELLATIONS: Reservations cancelled up to 31 days prior to check-in date will receive a refund of their original deposit amount minus a $25 processing fee. Cancellations between 11 days and 30 days prior to check in date will be refunded 50% of their deposit amount. Cancellations within 10 days prior to check-in date will forfeit the entire deposit amount.
DATE CHANGES: With a 2 week notice, dates can be changed with no penalty. If dates changes are requested within 13 days or less of arrival, a $25 penalty will be charged.
AGE REQUIREMENT: You must be at least 18 years of age to make a reservation and have a valid identification card. A parent or guardian must accompany and stay in the same unit with anyone under the age of 18. We reserve the right to refuse service with monies forfeited if any discrepancies are suspected.
NOISE: 10 PM TO 8 AM IS QUIET TIME!! Each person shall have due regard for the comfort, convenience and pleasure of the other occupants at Buffalo Trail. No person will be allowed to commit or permit any nuisance, including, but not limited to, making excessive noise, playing televisions, radios, or other noise-making or entertainment instrument at a volume determined to be excessive by Buffalo Trail.
NO UNDERAGE DRINKING/FIREARMS/DRUGS: If Buffalo Trail is aware of these actions it will be reported to the authorities, will result in eviction and forfeiture of all rental payments and deposits.
SMOKING: ALL UNITS ARE NON-SMOKING UNITS; however, you are allowed to smoke outside on your porch or other designated areas on the premises. If you do smoke inside the unit (or allow the smoke to enter the unit) you will be charged a cleaning fee of $250.
LIABILITY: Tenants understand they assume full responsibility for any property damage, accident, death, injury to any person(s) or loss occurred to any person, including the loss of money, jewelry or other personal items.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL PROPERTY: When leaving your unit confirm your door(s) and window(s) are locked. DO NOT GIVE ANYONE YOUR ACCESS CODE!!
VIOLATING RENTAL AGREEMENT: If any guest(s) violates any of the conditions set forth in this agreement, Buffalo Trail reserves the right to terminate agreement with monies forfeited. Guest shall vacate the premises immediately.
DUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES: It is sometimes necessary to change your rental unit. However, every attempt will be made to inform you of such an occurrence. Prices and specifications are subject to change without notice. We will make every effort to notify you in advance of any changes and/or price increases.
Check-out is 11 am
Check-in is 4 pm.
RVs must be parked before 4 pm on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
Yes, we do allow pets. There is a non-refundable $50 pet cleaning fee. Additional fees will be applied if damages are found on the property.
The Pocahontas Trailhead of the Hatfield/Mccoy Trail system is 3.5 miles away. There is a large parking lot there and plenty of room for your vehicles and trailers to park. There is a “back way” by traveling on state rt 71N and much safer if you prefer not to trailer to the trailhead. Maps for this “shortcut” are available in your cabin, the restaurant and brochure racks. Permits are also available on site.
Please refer to the West Virginia state laws to learn about the requirements for riding your ATV on public roads.
Many of our clients book especially to ride in the rain or snow. They believe this enhances the experience. We are open year round and expect a great deal of snow fall in the winters. If for some reason, weather causes the site to be closed (power outage, unable to access) gift checks will be issued for future stays.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Reservations cancelled up to 31 days prior to check-in date will receive a refund of their original deposit amount minus a $25 processing fee. Cancellations between 11 days and 30 days prior to check in date will be refunded 50% of their deposit amount. Cancellations within 10 days prior to check-in date will forfeit the entire deposit amount.
DATE CHANGES: With a 2-week notice, dates can be changed with no penalty. If dates changes are requested within 4-14 days of arrival, a 15% penalty will be charged. If date changes are requested 3 days prior to arrival or day of arrival a 30% penalty will be charged. ALL DATES ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY!!
Bluefield Regional Medical Center is 5.7 miles away (ambulance service is available). First aid station is in the general store and opens during regular business hours.
Several convenience stores, supermarkets and restaurants are with-in 2-8 miles Walmart is 9.8 miles
Millers ATV Superstore: www.millersatv.com 1.8 miles away
Carwash—1.4 miles away Bubbles Car Wash 3621 Coal Heritage Rd, Bluewell,
WV 24701 (304) 589-7627
Yes, 24 hour number is posted inside of each cabin for emergencies
A deposit in the amount of the first night’s fee is required to make a reservation, the remaining balance must be paid prior to or upon arrival. You must be at least 18 years of age to make a reservation. To make a reservation, visit our website. If you have questions about availability, call us at 304-324-3204.
We accept personal checks with 2 forms of identification required, cashier’s check and most major credit cards.
Peak seasons for booking reservation a Buffalo Trails is…
Memorial Day to Labor Day
Holiday Weekends (Memorial, July 4th, and Labor Day) have a 3-day stay minimum.
One night stays must be approved by management and an additional 25% fee will be assessed.
ATV/ UTV Rentals
- HERTZ Rental Car
- 4.8 MILES AWAY
- 300 Markell Drive Suite 101
- Bluefield, West Virginia 24701
- Phone: 304-325-3388
- Fax: 304-325-8647
Boat, Canoe, Kayaks, Fishing
- GLENWOOD PARK, Mercer County WV 4.6 miles away
- ACE ADVENTURES RESORT – Oak Hill, WV
- BIG WALKER LOOKOUT & COUNTRY STORE – 29 miles – Wytheville, VA
- BLUEFIELD BLUE JAYS
- BRAMWELL DEPOT – COAL HERITAGE TRAIL INTERPRETIVE CENTER – Bramwell, WV
- BRAMWELL THEATRE FOUNDATION WEST VIRGINIA SMOKE ON THE MOUNTAIN – Bramwell, WV
- BRIDGE BREW WORKS – Fayetteville, WV
- BRUSH CREEK FALLS – Athens, WV
- EAGLE ATV RENTAL & TOURS – Northfolk, WV
- EPIC ESCAPE GAME – NEW RIVER GORGE – Fayetteville, WV
- FORT CHRISWELL ANIMAL PARK – Max Meadow, VA
- CHRISTIAN ADVENTURE COMPANY – Bluewell, WV
- GREENBRIER VALLEY BREWING – Maxwelton, WV
- HATFIELD-MCCOY ATV TRAIL 3.5 miles
- HISTORIC CARB ORCHARD MUSEUM – Tazewell, VA
- JIMMY LEWIS LAKE- FISHING – 2.6 miles
- NEW RIVER GORGE BRIDGE – Fayette, WV
- NEW RIVER JET BOATS – Thurmond, WV
- LAKE SHAWNEE ABANDONED AMUSEMENT PARK – Mercer County, WV
- MOUNTAIN LAKE LODGE – Pembroke, VA
- OUT OF THE BOX ROOM ESCAPE – Princeton, WV
- PINNACLE ROCK STATE PARK – HIKING AND PICNIC AREAS – 2.7 miles – Bluefield, WV
- PIPESTEM DRIVE IN THEATRE – Athens, WV
- PIPESTEM STATE PARK- FISHING, AERIAL TRAM, HORESBACK RIDING, SWIMMING – 22 miles – Athens, WV
- PRINCETON RAILROAD MUSEUM – Princeton, WV
- REEL CATCH LLC – Princeton, WV
- RIFF RAFF – Princeton, WV
- RIDGE RUNNER TRAIN – Bluefield, WV
- SNOOPERS ANTIQUE MALL – Wytheville, VA
- STATE FAIR OF WEST VIRGINIA TICKETS
- SUMMIT PLAYERS THEATRE – Bluefield, WV
- SPLAT HAPPENS, LLC – Bluefield, WV
- THE MCNUTT HOUSE – Princeton, WV
- WELCOME TO THE TOWN OF POCAHONTAS – Pocahontas, VA
- WINTERPLACE SKI RESORT- SKI AND TUBING – 36 miles – Ghent, WV
- WOHLFAHRT HAUS DINNER THEATER – Wytheville, VA
- WOLF CREEK INDIAN VILLAGE & MUSEUM – 18 miles – Bastian, VA